Last Friday at work enjoying the fact that most of the US weren’t working, I spent a few hours working on my current pet project, sandbox.
Most of the code has now been moved from the C code to a shell script, keeping only what’s really needed in C.
I also added the possibility of directly starting a command in a container (once the command ends, the container is destroyed).
On top of that, I played a bit with Glade and pygtk to implement a basic GUI on top of Sandbox as shown below:
This is still very basic but should be a lot more user friendly than having to start the tool from the command line.
Next on the TODO list is support for saving/restoring containers and some kind of nautilus integration (Right-Click => “Run in a container” would be sweet).
As always, the code can be found in a bzr branch:
bzr get lp:~stgraber/+junk/sandbox
Or from: https://code.launchpad.net/~stgraber/+junk/sandbox